Valpolicella Classico Superiore The Planets 2019 - Tommasi
- Winery: Tommasi
- Vintage : 2019
- Origin : Veneto
- Denomination: Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC
- Grapes: Corvina 60%, Corvinone 20%, Rondinella 7%, Molinara 7%, Oseleta 6%
- Serving temperature : 16-18 ° C
- Alcohol volume : 13%
- Format : 0.75 L
- Moment to taste it: lunches and dinners with friends
- Pairings: first courses based on game and mushrooms, red meats and medium-aged cheeses.
- Blowup Rating : 9/10
The Valpolicella Classico Superiore from the Tommasi winery is an ideal red wine to pair with first courses based on game and mushrooms, red meats and medium-aged cheeses. I Pianeti takes its name from the terraces of the hillside vineyards planted with Pergola Veronese and supported by the Marogne.
Brilliant ruby red in color, Tommasi's Valpolicella I PIanteti offers an intense floral and fruity bouquet of ripe cherry jam to the nose, and a fine spicy texture. In the mouth it is full-bodied, elegant and well balanced, with silky tannins and a long persistence.
The fermentation of the grapes takes place at a controlled temperature of 25/30 ° for 12 days. Subsequently the Valpolicella I Pianeti di Tommasi ages for 18 months in Slavonian oak barrels.